Monday, March 30, 2009

Wonderful Washington

I'm back from a wonderful jaunt down to Sumner, Washington, to visit my youngest sister. On the way down I stopped in Snohomish to visit a couple of my favorite shops. First was "The Speckled Hen". They sell all the country stuff I love plus fabrics.

Here's a picture of the downstairs room.

After that, I stopped at "Cin-a-mon Stik"--another great shop.


Wish we had stores like this close to home in Canada! Maybe I'll have to open one. Hmmm.

Then it was off to my sister's place. Her collection of prim stuff is amazing. I took a couple of pictures of her house to give you an idea.




Don't you love what she did with this crib-size bedspring?



On Friday we stopped at a shop in Sumner where she used to work, called "Folk Art Gatherings". I brought along a few samples of things I've made and the shop owner is going to sell them on consignment! Here are pictures of some of them.






And the front of the shop.


If you're ever traveling through Washington state, make sure and check these shops out.
Till next time!

1 comment:

  1. I've been to Snohomish once....always wanted to go back....fantastic place and all those pretties!

    ReplyDelete