Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Crafting Trip down Memory Lane

I found this Spring/Summer 1959 issue of McCall's Needlework & Crafts at an antique shop last weekend and realized that crafters were doing pretty much the same things 50 years ago as we are today.
We were making cute things to sell.

And hooking rugs for our homes.

And of course, we were quilting!

Wouldn't your son love a knitted swimsuit?
Although I'm not sure how we survived if our mothers followed hints like this!
Happy crafting everyone!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Cheryl...LOVED THIS!
    And what a parallel to us today...SAME CRAFTS, JUST LOOK A BIT DIFFERENT.
    I really enjoyed this...oh man, if I made a pair of those swim trunks for my boys they'd disown me! lol

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so fun, love when I find old crafting magazines. It is funny what they have in them.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete