Sunday, May 9, 2010

First Show of 2010

Seems like it's quilt show season again--my favourite time of year! Last week I was a vendor at the Langley Quilt Guild's every-other-year show (about 30 minutes from my home). They are such a wonderful group of women and they take such good care of us vendors. Especially since I'm usually alone in my booth, it was such a treat to be brought tea and goodies throughout the day. Here are a couple of pictures of my booth.

The quilts were amazing, too. Here are a few of my favourites. I loved the 3-D effect in this one.
And the intricate piecing in this one. It's made up of over 1100 squares--with 5 pieces each! You do the math.
The work that went into this one is incredible. I am in awe.
But for intricate applique, this one wins my vote.
Look closer at the detail! Doesn't it boggle your mind?
Next week I fly to Minneapolis for Spring Quilt Market so this week I'll be busy getting ready. I'll be sure and keep you updated on how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. I love your booth and your beautiful quilts.
    The antique pieces look so nice with them.
    I do like that 3D quilt, nice effect.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete