Saturday, January 15, 2011

What next?

Okay, let's get the not-so-good news out of the way first.  Hubby Ben had the nerve tests done on his arm yesterday and it appears there's been no healing. So learning to live with his damaged arm is likely our new reality and now we'll have to figure out the next step as far as his employment goes.  A scary thing to be facing when he's within a few years of retirement.  How life can change in a moment!

And now, some good news.  After my website disappeared without a trace into cyberspace a couple of months ago, it's finally back up and running again.  I signed on with a new host and rebuilt the thing from the ground up.  What a lot of work!  There's still some posting to be done but if you'd like to check out what I've done so far, here's the link: http://www.countryquilts.ca/.  What do you think of it?  As a little celebration present, I'm offering free shipping on any orders within the US and Canada placed from now to the end of January 2011!

Some more good news... I've designed another Block-of-the-Month pattern and Kansas City Star Books has agreed to publish it in book form later this year!  The pattern is called "Welcome Home" and features a lot of house blocks which I love.  I'll update you on the book's progress so stay tuned!

And finally, I've finished the little quilt project I started in my last post.  Here it is ready to be hand-quilted.
 And here it is, finished.
I enjoyed making it so much and there was so much extra fabric in the kit, I was able to make a second!
 I made this one without the woolen circles. 
 I can't decide which one I like better.  Which one gets your vote?

6 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear Ben's news. But we know that when God closes one door, He opens another!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear such bad news for Ben...
    but sometimes doctors are very pessimistic and let's be confident in the future !
    Good news however, your website and another publication this year ...
    Nice little quit, Cheryl !...
    Martine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the penny circles, wonderful pieces.
    Sorry about your husband, I am the type who doesn't take no for an answer;) I hope they are wrong and the nerves reroute. Love your new site, well done and nice layout, easy to follow and find things.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your positive comments, especially about Ben. If the doctors are wrong, that would be wonderful. But even if they're not, I believe something good will come out of this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The penny circles are wonderful! Sorry to hear sad news about your husband....not a great way to start a New Year right?

    ReplyDelete