Sunday, August 7, 2011

Happy Anniversary

Yesterday was my parents' 57th wedding anniversary.
They were married August 6th, 1954.
We celebrated with them but this year was different.
We met at the hospital, around my mom's bed.
She fell and broke her hip on July 28th and had surgery the next day.
We're so thankful that she appears to be recovering well and is able to go for short walks in the hallway, but we don't know if she'll ever go home again.
And for someone who has always worked so very hard,
it's difficult for her to sit all day with little to do but wait.
How precious and fragile life is,
and it can change forever in an instant.
I love you, mom and dad, so very, very much.

1 comment:

  1. Just so sweet and so many wonderful years! I hope all is well with you...haven't heard from you in ages. I see you have a new book out...bummed I missed the giveaway. I'd been real sick nearly all of July and then playing catch up and not much blogging.

    ReplyDelete