Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Merry Christmas from Canada!

Hi and welcome!
Hope you're all enjoying these last days of the year.
I thought I'd share a few photos from my home with you.
I'm addicted to Pinterest!
It was there that I got this idea of turning a tomato cage upside down and wrapping it in lights, creating a "tree" for my front porch.
 
And also, stuffing a bunch of lights into a burlap sack--so simple.

As you enter, you'll be greeted by Eggplant, a Lakeview Primitives doll pattern, holding a Christmas Blessings cross-stitch pillow (pattern by La-D-Da).
Look straight ahead and this is what you'll see. 
 I stuck a few white poinsettias into this vintage carpenter's box and stuck a little snowman and a few greens into an old sifter.

Look up and this is what you'll see.
It's not exactly a Christmas quilt but it does have stars.
(You can find it in my At Home with Country Quilts book.)
 I put the tree in the center of the window.  I love all the lights!
My Ikea stars stay up all year.

My "Home for Christmas" tree-skirt lies underneath the tree.
 This is my favourite cupboard.  I hung a few ornies on the knobs and put a Christmas pillow on the chair.
 What's Christmas without a few sheep?
 My favourite home-made Santa--a Pineberry Lane pattern--sits on top of an old Bible and quilts stuffed into what used to be a wood-box.
 Here's my fireplace topped with my Santa collection.  A little creche sits on the floor beside it.
 A handmade rug from Primitive Gatherings sits on the coffee-table.  On top of it is a pantry cake (also handmade) surrounded by greens.  Beside it is a little quilted sachet stuffed with greens from last year's Christmas tree.
 This poinsettia is already looking kinda straggly but I still love how it looks in an old sieve filled with pinecones.  It's sitting on top of one of my penny rugs, on top of a big old tin.
 I tucked this little Belsnickle into another rusty, old sieve and put a few greens and pinecones around him.
These old sacks are my kitchen "curtains".
I love how my Merry Christmas penny garland contrasts with them.
Of course, you need some primitive gingerbread boys in a wooden bowl.  These are from a new pattern of mine, now available at www.patternmart.com.  Just in case you've forgotten where to find me!

I wish all of you a wonderful Christmas and a new year filled with joy and dreams come true!







6 comments:

  1. Your home and decorations look wonderful, warm and inviting. Love the penny garland, is that your design? I was trying to think of some simple ideas for my front window, like that idea.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great your home looks with these decorations. Love them. Merry Christmas from a fellow Canadian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh...everything in your house is so cozy and inviting! Just makes me want to join you for a cup of coffee and some stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. From a southern country girl, by way of Texas,now Tennessee USA. Love your blog and great country style.

    buttonsandstitching.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your decorations!!!! I like so much the 'Christmas blessings' La d da but I can't find the pattern on the shops....

    ReplyDelete